The first Al-Quds University Autumn Academy will take place in Jerusalem from October 2nd – 10th 2012 offering master classes, workshops and concerts. Furthermore the Academy will present artist panels, exhibitions of visual art as well as a new edition of poems by Indian poet Meena Alexander.
One of the highlights will be the world premiere of the winning submission of the first
Al Quds Composition Award on October 7th at the Hind Al Husseini College Theatre Hall in East Jerusalem. The performance will be staged by Anke Rauthmann, director of Berlin International Opera.
We are calling for volunteers to support us in the field of organization, logistics, communication, stage management and artist liaison.
We warmly invite interested students to step forward to contribute to this unique annual event organized by the Al Quds University College of Music.
Volunteers are expected to join our team from September 29th to October 10th 2012.
We're looking for students with:
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (English as a foreign language mandatory)
- Reliability and punctuality
- An enthusiasm for arts, literature and music
- Joy to work with artists and the public
- Willingness to attend a daily team meeting and work 2 - 5 hours a day
Volunteering at the Al Quds Autumn Academy will allow you to:
- Meet and work with renowned international artists
- Gain experience in cultural activities and event management
- Collect community work credit hours
- Experience our artistic and academic activities from a different perspective
If you are interested in joining our team of the 2012 Al Quds University Autumn Academy please send us your application with your CV and contact details to: email@example.com